- 2009-03-14: openSuSE 11.2 will use Ext4 as a file system. It will probably even be the default one.
- 2008-12-24: Linux 2.6.28 was released, including the first stable version of Ext4.
- 2008-08-20: The 2.6.26-ext4-7 patchset has been released. People who are using ext4 wih 2.6.26 should really take this patch.
- 2008-07-15: Delayed allocation has been merged into Linus's ext4 git tree! We have started maintaining patches against the latest 2.6 mainline kernel for make it easier for people to try out ext4.
- 2008-07-14: The Ext4 Howto page has been updated so it is fully up to date with how to get started using ext4.
- 2008-07-10: E2fsprogs version 1.41.0 was released, with full ext4 support
| (move items older than 6 months here please)